Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Tip: PROFILE THEMES

Here is something I've been working on and it's something for your members to be able to choose a theme for thier profile. They can choose one when signing up or from thier profile page. Once the tip is ready to share all the code will be there so you can add or edit the css design for your own ones. This is still being developed but thought I would share how it's going so far. Next updates for this are for an image carousel under the choose theme options and then more options for layout type.

Anyways here is a video showing how it works

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Following.  Glad to have you back Bizz!

• Thanks Kos, yep as stuck at home because of the covid issue it's a good way to keep busy and see what new ideas I can come up with. This was something I always wanted to see if could be done and so far is working very well. Glad to be back here on the forum and help where I can :-)

• Kos just added an updated post with a new video to show the settings better.

• NC for Hire

Rock solid Bizz!  Nice work!

• Thanks Justin, just added another theme and had to make a slight change to the theme names so you may want to adjust yours for the new name or theme.

Here is the one just added

5258047662?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Here are the themes I've added so far and working on a few more, then it will be the option to adjust layout option to do next and also a way of previewing the themes

Cool Blue

5258082462?profile=RESIZE_930xPurple

5258091476?profile=RESIZE_930xDark

5258100077?profile=RESIZE_930xRose

5258047662?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Well the Themes are coming along nicely and just added another Gamer Theme. You will notice that all the backgrounds etc are from the Site Themes we have available via our design studio. This was done that way because we all have those images available to us without having to upload any of our own, of course you will be able to add your own but for simpler sharing of the codes it was a better way of doing it. Anyways I have added another new video to show the updates and also a link to my demo site.

Now it's time to start on the next part for choosing layouts to see how this can be done.

My demo site: https://jr-images.ning.com

Home
    jr-images is a social network
    • NC for Hire

great work Bizz... coming along nice!

• Thanks buddy, yep moved onto the layouts now and have added page sizes now so users can choose how wide they want their profile page, next will be adding the profile cover size so they can have smaller or bigger cover photos and then will be adding the choice of columns.

5484595888?profile=RESIZE_930x5484597869?profile=RESIZE_930x

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…