Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

As you may or may not be aware the cover photos for the groups headers are cropped to a height of 160px so here is a bit of code to remove the crop so you can have a bigger sized picture, also some css which helps make them responsive.

First we add some code to our Social Site Builder > Custom Code > End Of Page to remove the crop

<script>
// Remove group header crop
x$(document).ready(function() {
x$('.groupHeader.groupHeader-coverPhoto').each(function() {
var removegroupHeaderCrop = x$(this).css('background-image');
x$(this).css('background-image', removegroupHeaderCrop.replace(/\&height=\d+\&crop=\d+\%\d+\A\d+/, ''));
});
});
</script>

Next we add some css to our design studio custom css, the Padding Bottom of 25% is what controls the height so you can adjust that to smaller or bigger depending on how big you want them

.groupHeader-coverPhoto {
padding-bottom: 25%!important;
height: 0!important;
position:relative
}

Extra tip

If you only want to change a particular group you can do so just by adding the page name at the start, so for instance my groups are called Groups and the page I want to change is Demo so the could would look like this and the part in bold is the part added

.page-groups-demo .groupHeader-coverPhoto {
padding-bottom: 25%!important;
height: 0!important;
position:relative
}

Hope you find it useful

Bizz :-)

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much I have applied it to my website and now it is much better

• NC for Hire

Wow..  cool idea!   I may try this.     Wonder if the same could be done for the funny crop of member profiles...thanks Bizz

• thank you so much !!!!!!!! amazing is perfect you are a genius

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Bizz replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
FONT size
"Hi Suzie, when you do a history reset it does not change or remove content. It reverts to the…"
5 hours ago
Suzie Nielsen replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
FONT size
"Bizz, THanks so much... my reply comment seem "stuck" at sz.10 and it is just too small- my body…"
19 hours ago
FONT size
"For instance, in design studio, general my body text is 16px so the text areas like comments will…"
yesterday
FONT size
"Font size for replies in comments has never been available as it's normally taken from the body…"
yesterday
Cindy Dean Mccoy replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
FONT size
"We have lost both text size and strike through in comments and replys.  Both of which we used on…"
yesterday
Ann Braun replied to Ann Braun's discussion
Joining the Ning Creator's Network
"Thanks Suzie!"
yesterday
kostasgr replied to Ning Support's discussion
Apologies for network instability
"4 days and you have not fixed the facebook problem, what is the technical team doing ????I miss…"
yesterday
kostasgr replied to Ning Support's discussion
Apologies for network instability
"I want you to make mine the way it was ... and fast...I pay on time and I demand that you fix it…"
yesterday
Suzie Nielsen posted a discussion
 Hello Ning Creators,Does anyone know where they hid the adjustment for font size for general…
yesterday
Suzie Nielsen replied to Ann Braun's discussion
Joining the Ning Creator's Network
"should be immediate!"
yesterday
Ann Braun posted a discussion
A colleague of mine applied to join the Ning Creator's Network but hasn't heard back.  He's asked…
Friday
Ann Braun posted a discussion
Hello Ning folks, It would be great if we could tag people on Ning  using @name to alert them that…
Friday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels