Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Hi, I'm new to Ning. I've got my head round setting my Ning site up but I cannot figure out how to add a Facebook sign up/login. I've looked at the guides but nothing seems to relate to Facebook's current setup.

Please can anyone help? I posted before but so far it just got ignored (I have no idea what category I should select to post here... I find it very confusing the way the Ning categories are setup).

Feeling frustrated with Ning...

Thanks

Dekstar

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Hi Dekstar, did you follow the instructions clearly from here ? If you follow the instructions clearly then you can achieve it. 

Good Luck

• Hi Bernard,

I tried. I fall at the first hurdle.

I go to Facebook and look for the 'menu' and the 'apps' option... so the first issue is I do see a menu down the left hand side of the page, and a heading called 'apps'... but the heading is not clickable, it simply lists a number of options... and 'Create a New App' is not one of them.

If I visit the developers version of Facebook, then some similar sounding options are there (e.g. there's an option called 'My Apps' in the menu (which is not the same as in the instructions but similar). But when I click that the similarity ends, I'm presented with far more options than these instructions cover.

So either Facebook has changed since these instructions were written OR I've missed something.

If you've looked at Facebook just now and found this option, please could you point me to it?

I did already try to follow these instructions myself before, and that's where the problem started... I can't find anything on Facebook that corresponds exactly with these instructions.

If I'm being dumb, please tell me and spell this out for me? Hit me over the head with it...

I just can't find the corresponding options.

Best,

Dek

• I have been looking into this kind of thing too...and doing as badly as you :) I think that before one can add App, one has to ''register as a developer'' which involves giving a  mobile phone number to Facebook and they text you back a code. I stopped at that point because in an old facebook set up of mine, I was then asked repeatedly by facebook after having given them a  mobile number of mine if I would like to add 'such and such' as friends and they were all randomers from my mobile phone address book. I found this incredibly invasive of my privacy and I shut down that facebook account. But maybe that is just un-modern of me :) Anyways short answer register as  developer first, THEN you can set up App, then you can do all the above ( I THINK.)

This reply was deleted.

Latest Activity

Jennifer Peterson replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
SSL certificate feature release
"Ye"
6 hours ago
Jennifer Peterson replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion
Add some helpfull text to for the showing of members online in chat
"Hi Kyryl,
I did as you said and it is still not working :("
6 hours ago
Jennifer Peterson replied to Ning Support's discussion
Ning Q3 2017 plan!
"Yes, I put in a ticket a few weeks ago for having an issue with mail not sending to a member. I kep…"
6 hours ago
Manuel A J replied to Ning Support's discussion
Product Plan Update
"Thanks Kyryl ... that the beta is alive ... better than the end of September that is my birthday ..…"
7 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion
Easiest Way To Add Drop Down Arrow For Main Menu Subtabs
"super tip!
thanks again,
Holly"
9 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Jacob Lee Mullins's discussion
Online now under members
"+1 
have loved this feature on other platforms, found that it really motivated active posting/parti…"
9 hours ago
Anthea Variend replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
SSL certificate feature release
"Hi there, we'd love to volunteer our 2.0 network for any security updates: http://maskewmillerlongm…"
9 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Jennifer Peterson's discussion
Can anyone help with code for a contact form for contact page?
"John, 
Thank you so much for this!  
I've just followed your suggestions and edited on 7H 
I'd been…"
9 hours ago
More…