Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

hey Ning,

What is happening with 2.0's?  There are no menu options for anything regarding 2.0's- so what's up?

Have you finally fixed the merge of Content and Members to 3.0's? Does 3.0 actually work?

I was one of the first to merge-seems like years ago- so somewhere out there in cyberspace is a fully designed 3.0 that was designed at much co$t to me...Can I use it now?  or has it floated away into never-never land?

Thanks a bunch!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kyryl_Ning_Support  

Hi There,

I am hoping you can answer some of my questions...Thanks a bunch

• Kyryl_Ning_Support,

I just found this... Is it usable? 

http://theconstitutionalconservatives.ning.com/groups

Groups
    Conservative Patriots working together to reform the Republican Party and save our Constitution! Political education material. Join us!
  • Hi Suzie!

We aren't allowing to open any new networks on Ning 2.0, however, we still support them. So if you have Ning 2.0 nothing has changed for you, you can still use it, contact us with questions and we will be glad to assist. Also, there were several updates for 2.0 (mainly we are concentrated on 3.0 at the moment so there are not much of them) like the ability to enable new chat and https encryption for all ning subdomains.

"There are no menu options for anything regarding 2.0's- so what's up?" - I guess this is the question regarding the forum posts here on creators. Well, I have been cleaning up the forum a bit as there were lots of the discussion (29k) and it's not easy to find something specific, so I have moved most of them here https://creators.ning.com/forum/topics-1 and later they would be removed completely, so if you know some discussions I have left there but they worth to be saved please send the link to the discussion to me and I'll move it to the main forum.

Unfortunately, the migration script is still under development, however, the link you have shared should be suitable, as I know any 3.0 network would fit

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

All Discussions - Forum
    This is where Creators get together to share advice and tips about growing their Ning Social Networks.
    • You are going to delete all discussions from this Creators forum that are older?   As of from what date?

Those older discussions contain a whole lot of helpful info and code developed and contributed from other Creators over the past 3 years.  It would be impossible to pick out the ones that 'should be saved', as everyone uses different tips and codes.  Perhaps you could just archive them at that separate location and keep them accessible to us all, with a link at top to "Archived Older Discussions".  ?

• Hi there!

I thought about this, however, regarding the goal we wish to obtain removal is the only one solution for the moment as the creators is the network and I'm using the same tools here. I have asked the developers to a little research for me and probably we will be able to save old discussions in the sort of the archive. Well if the research would show that something I want isn't possible I have some sort of way around, it's a bit strange but I guess it should work.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi and thanks for your reply! However I don't understand it!

Sorry if my questions were confusing...Where do I post concerns/issues ect... regarding my 2.0

and I wanted to know about the functionality of my 3.0... AS I was one of the very first to merge to my 3.0 that btw was built at considerable expense with lots of coding-- however I was not able to use ANY ADMIN features!!! Other then that big glitch- the site was great and my (now older) members are all merged to that 3.0 there!!!  I just can't make the 3.0 work, back then I was unable to email broadcast to the members...

If these issues from the first merges are now corrected- can I possibly use it?

Thanks

• You can't seriously be thinking about deleting 2.0 discussions!  I root around all the time in those looking for solutions and hints and tidbits.....storage is cheap...why delete those?  We stay on 2.0 as the functionality of 3.0 is the pits in comparison....

• Hi there!

Basically, I don't remove just 2.0 discussions, I have looked through the forum and saved couple 2.0 discussions here on this instance, teh rest is right now available by the link mentioned before in this discussion. The reason to do so is very simple, you see there are almost 30k discussions here and it really hard to find something, as some discussions are duplicated, also some discussions are no longer relevant etc. So I have looked through all these discussions to find some useful information that should be saved for sure, also I have wanted to make the post here on creators regarding the topics that should be saved and ask the opinion of creators which of them should I save, however, Suzie Nielsen has done it before me.

Best regards,

Ning team.

Suzie Nielsen
      This is where Creators get together to share advice and tips about growing their Ning Social Networks.
    • This reply was deleted.
      • hello------------there is NO MIGRATION path from 2.0 to 3.0

• This reply was deleted.
        • Hi there!

The old discussions won't be removed, and they are right now available in "Archive" tab, you can find under Forum section in the navigation menu. You may still be able to post the comments there, and if you do so I'll move the discussion to the main thread, however, new discussions could be posted only under the new thread.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…