Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I am finding this really odd, now I have added my month seperators I can now see that other than the UpComing events all the others like my events, and those in categories are all listing the wrong way round, ie the furthest away month first and so on. It looks really odd and you have to go down the page to see the events that are most current. As an example if you go to my 1940s Events category February is at the bottom and April is at the top! Now imagine if you have a lot of events added, all the most recent or upcoming events in that category are going to be pages away. I know you can add a search by date range but when you first open the category it looks like there are no events for February unless you go searching down or if you have say 10 pages of events it's going to be 10 pages away.

This just seems a very odd way of displaying them, anyone else noticed this ?

John

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any updates on this ? Coming up to the end of March now and nearly two months since this issue was raised. Does it really take this long to change the way the events are listed ?
    • Hi John,

It's not the question of the сomplexity of the task. As usual in such cases, the priority of the task plays the most important role. And the task to change the order of the events isn't highly prioritized at the moment.

Best regards,
      Ning Team.

• I'm sorry, but why would a feature you have added that isn't working correctly not be a priority to be fixed ? This makes no sense at all. Are we to expect that when other new features are added that if they too have an issue the issue would not be a priority also and would be left for months to be fixed while you work on something else ? This is as you said is not a complex thing to do and as the code is already there to list like the upcoming events this would what, take an hour at most to do out of the day.

So what timeframe are we talking about for this to be done, a month from now, two months or more or even will it ever get changed this year ?

I hate being negative in posts but this is really frustrating as there is no way I can create a new site which would use the events as a primary feature and have them listing the wrong way round, it would just be embarrassing let alone all the email I would recieve about the issue.

I am not just thinking about myself here but all the other NC's who are using events epsecially those who have sites for professional business use. Imaging a professional business site to say to their members, oh by the way when you look at the calendar of events it will be the wrong way round so you will have to go to the very last page to see this or next months events. Really, imagine saying that. Still not a priority ?

To make a point to show how much of an issue this is put a calendar on the wall of the office starting from December 2017, look at it then realise you cannot see the projects you have added to the next few months without having to go to the calendar then flip the pages back to the start of the year.

Not a priority ? I think not.

• I was going to respond but felt I'd leave it to you John.  This is just insane!  You don't release a fixture in the wrong format and leave it there unresolved.........b/c you have higher priorities.  You FIX WHAT YOU PUT OUT.  I could go on ranting but what's the point......

• Kos I agree. Normally I am quite a patient person as I know writing code can take time with testing etc etc but when something has been added then it's reported as not working then told it's not a priority to be fixed that is what makes me really angry and patience goes out the window.

• Yes sir

• So Events is the ONE new feature - aside from Google Capture,which you didn't create- that has been added since taking over ning 6months ago, and it's  not a priorty to make it so it works in a logical expected way?  oof that hurts ,feels so Glamish

• Unless I am mistaken it looks like this has been fixed today. ( Sat 25/03/17 )

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…