Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Google says my ning network http://www.kkartlab.in

is not a secure site to visit. Passwords and credit card information can be stolen. Why is this so? I thought all Ning networks are secure. It also says 26 cookies are in use to track all information.

This warning from google is driving traffic away from my site. 

Even my anti-virus sometimes warns me about the site. I will have to opt for exemption to visit it. 

What should I do to make my network secure?

Can someone from Ning answer my question?

Can other Ning creators tell me do they face similar warnings from google?

Thanks

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have been waiting since March. But till now my site hasn't become a secure one. Moreover, I am facing several problems with it. When ever I clcik on something on my site, it is going to some other site ( this happens only when I sign in). I have reported this but NING help center says as it cannot reproduce the problem they cannot help me. Add to that some thing is appearing when I sign in on my site. A screen shot is attached.71702439?profile=RESIZE_930x 

• Hi there!

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences. I have made a request to install SSL certificate for your site, it should be done within 48h. 

Regarding the pop-up on your site - I just tried to log into your site and briefly checked different pages - I do not see such ads. I suppose it appears because of some extension in your browser or virus on your computer. 

I would recommend you try the following steps:

1. Install and run Chrome Cleanup Tool

2. Scan your computer for malware

3. Uninstall unfamiliar or suspicious extensions

4. Uninstall suspicious programs from your computer that you don't remember installing (Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs/Programs and Features)

5. Try resetting your browser settings

I hope this will help. 

Best regards,

The NING Team

Remove unwanted ads, pop-ups & malware - Computer - Google Chrome Help
      If you're seeing some of these problems with Chrome, you might have unwanted software or malware installed on your computer: Pop-up ads and new tabs…
      • Know what? As soon as I got the 'secure ceritifcate', that pop up disappeared and now my clicking is not taking me anywhere!

So!?

• Hello!

Could you please send us a screenshot of your network with opened Console (press F12)?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

• The screen shot you asked was sent to the mail IDs

mail@creators.ning.com,
            support@ning.com

If you take  a secure certificate for your Ning network, will unwanted  things don't bother you anymore? I didn't know this before.
            Thanks, anyway.
            • Hello!

Thank you for the screenshot! However, we need the "Console" tab opened - http://take.ms/6WkxP
              I'm sorry for not specifying it previously. 

As for why I'm asking for the screenshot - from your previous reply I understood that now that the pop-up disappeared you cannot use the site - when you click on something the network doesn't respond. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

SSL certificate blocks content that was embedded from the not secure sources (meaning http protocol), so I believe the pop-up you had was blocked due to the insecure source. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

Screenshot "Ning Help Center - Agent - Google Chrome 2018-09-05 17.42.34.png"
              • I didn't understand what you are trying to say. My network is working alright now.

Earlier, when I clicked on sometabs like 'comment'  it used to go to another site. Now that is not happening. The pop up too disappeared.  Everything is okay now. There is no problem. If I face any problem in the future, I will contact you. 

Thanks

• I didn't understand what you are trying to say. My network is working alright now.

Earlier, when I clicked on sometabs like 'comment'  it used to go to another site. Now that is not happening. The pop up too disappeared.  Everything is okay now. There is no problem. If I face any problem in the future, I will contact you. 

Thanks

• Hi!

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought there is still a problem. I this case I am happy that everything is ok now :)

Best regards,

The NING Team

• Thank you! I have scanned my PC several times but didn't find any malaware. I have kaspersky anti-virus installed on my PC. It warns me if I go to any suspecious site or try to open a suspecious page. I visit several other sites too but this pop up appears on my site only! 

Funnily, my anti-virus warns about my ning network site and several times I had to aske it to give exemption!

I have a clean up tool too. I used it to remove several things. Earlier I used to have ad blocking tool. I got it removed. I didn't have any extensions.

I will check for suspicious programmes. I don't download anything. The techies do that for me. I will have to ask them if they had installed any suspecious thing.

I will check once again and get back. Thanks once again.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile
Saturday
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels