Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi everyone! Here’s someone was asking about bugs appearing when you share materials on Facebook. I found out what’s the problem. Hope my experience can help the others as well.

So, when you want to share your article or whatever on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc, sometimes you get a nice preview, sometimes you don’t (you see a sign-in page instead of your article). The trick is that content on ning can be either public or private. So if you made your article or video private, Facebook won’t be able to make a preview.

What should you do then is, duh, change the privacy settings. But then again, I changed the settings and made my article visible to everyone but the preview remained the same :-( I googled the problem and found out that it is quite a common problem, facebook simply does not renew its cash automatically. No idea how often it does it, maybe once a month or two months. It uses the old cash, and ignores your changes. As for me, that’s way too long to wait. So, I found their service that helps you solve this problem https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ You simply enter the url you want to share there and in the bottom of the page you will see the new preview of your article. For some reasons it doesn’t always work correctly so sometimes you need to click Scrape Again or even do it twice. Actually, this service is good also for other situations. I use it if I updated my post or even changed it completely.

I debug it and all the previews in Facebook also get changed automatically. I mean, they change not only at one particular Facebook page, but everywhere you posted this url. I hope it will be useful for you as well.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels