NING 3.0 boasts a plethora of advantages and quality improvements over the previous version of the platform. These include:
- Advanced customization
- You will have more themes and more tools to customize the design of your network.
- A newly integrated Landing Page Builder will help you design a professional landing page that could serve as a homepage for your network.
- Better control over your website and content
- Customize the structure of any page and add the desired features in a couple of clicks.
- Create multiple instances of each feature (blogs, forums, videos, etc.).
- Allow or disallow network members to use specific features based on their member category.
- Get more flexibility when structuring your network and make it easier for your members to find and access the content they need.
- Flexible privacy control
Decide who can contribute content to your network and use its specific feature instances.
- Mobile responsiveness by default
Since most traffic comes from mobile devices nowadays, your website needs to adjust to different screen sizes. Also, mobile responsiveness is one of the major SEO factors that influence your network rankings on search engines.
- SEO features
Due to frequent changes in SEO regulations, NING 2.0 was lacking SEO functionality for a long time. Meanwhile, NING 3.0 offers SEO tools to help you improve the online visibility of your network.
- Advanced eCommerce
With NING 3.0, you can monetize content, accept donations, or set up multi-level membership scenarios in which different member categories have different access rights for adding/viewing content.
- Advanced API
The next-gen API provides users with more flexibility in terms of advanced customization and scalability.
Launching polls and surveys allow you to get feedback from your members on different topics.
- Greater development potential
Newer versions of the product will be compatible with NING 3.0 networks only, offering even broader possibilities for customization and scalability.
- Regular updates
While the development of NING 2.0 has been stopped, NING 3.0 gets constant improvements and updates.
I had far fewer issues in the 11 years of our Ning 2.0 network than in the 6 weeks we've been on Ning 3.0.
I'm glad you are enjoying Ning 3.0. I don't see much in terms of redeeming qualities when the basic functionality keeps breaking, over and over.
Our Ning 2.0 network was rock solid. Since we've migrated to Ning 3.0, we've had nothing but technical issues. The disappearing activity feed is the most distressing. Last week, all our history disappeared from the Activity feed. It took support/technical team 4.5 days to resolve. But wait, last night it all disappeared again. The fix that took 4.5 days to get to broke after 3 days. It's now been 24 hours with no progress on the fix, no update from the technical team. Please tell me again about all the great new features?