Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I deleted a group that had 186 pictures posted in comments and they take up about 0.4 gig of space. However, when I deleted the group, my network disk usage did not go down. I found out that all the pictures of the group are still on the web server.

I bought this problem to Ning's attention and their response:

"Since Disk Usage looks directly into storage, and these files were not deleted from it, they are not deleted from Disk Usage either. That why deleting the group doesn`t affect the storage holdings. In order to clear space on the network, you should to independently delete all unnecessary files."

I told them that was ludicrous.  How can I find files in a list of 1000s when I have no way to search the "Files List".

Their response:

" ... it is a feature of the platform. Unfortunately, it cannot be changed on our end."

Per Ning's suggestion, I painstakingly went through the "Files List", one-by-one, to find a picture file that was pre-maturely posted in a comment. I deleted the comment but the picture file was still on the web server.  I finally found the file in the "Files List".  It took forever for I have no way of searching within the "Files List".  I deleted the file in the "Files List" and it is no longer listed in the "Files List", but is still on the server and can be viewed.  It is also considered in my "Data Usage".

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

No problem. As you may have gathered I was replying to Rosas comment. The work you are doing should win a prize for investigative journalism. :-) You have uncovered something few people may even realize.

• NC for Hire

Garfield Archivist 

no problem, dear friend I wanted to play down the solution exists on everything
              • I agree, I do not think many creators know about this costly glitch.  I am hoping if enough are informed about it, they will approach Ning to fix the system.

• Oh, and thank you.  It is just a matter of a tight buget.  I not mind paying for what I use, but am a bit fustrated that I have to pay for what I am not using.

• NC for Hire

Garfield Archivist Cindy Dean Mccoy 

I found duplicate files and deleted them, the only solution is to buy some disk space
          • NC for Hire

Garfield Archivist 

no one said what you are saying dear friend, we are all illiterate here, the teachers get paid and steal and this will be reported! no of the masters another song for you!
  • NC for Hire

8310121264?profile=RESIZE_584xGarfield Archivist Cindy Dean Mccoy 

a small example these files I have on disk, but they have been deleted from the site, so you have to check the files if you don't want to buy more space for your site
  • NC for Hire

8310168068?profile=RESIZE_584xGarfield Archivist Cindy Dean Mccoy 

and as you can see here I have duplicates
    • I wish this would work for me, but I have no idea what the file names are.  I deleted a group and all the picture files of that group are still on the web server.  Even if I knew the name of the files, I do not have time to scroll down 1000s and 1000s of files to find 100s I need to delete.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…