I felt compelled to provide some clean marketing strategies that all creators can adopt to increase traffic through facebook. Though the same can be adopted to all social platforms, facebook is my primary of choice for most of my Neat Tricks 101.
I will be posting 10 methods on how this can be achieved in detail, then hopefully that will give you a head start to gaining traffic. Why ten when it's called Neat Tricks 101?
For the remainder 91 free tricks, you will have to join my social network to obtain them. However, the ten basic ones will be good enough to generate traffic for you, should you decide to opt-out of the sign-up option.
I call Trick1 - Raising Awareness.
1. Before you consider having people sign-up to your sight, you want to develop a culture where people see a need for your content.
2. Sending invites to your friends and contacts is not a guarantee that your social network is going to be popular neither is the idea of having thousands of people signing up to your site.
3. The ultimate target for all creators is to increase traffic but most importantly, having member engagement.
4. The Raising Awareness Trick will guarantee that any members who sign-up from third party sites won't return to enjoy their already formalised social experience, but get attracted and stimulated to your arisen social experience.
How Then Do you acheive This?
1. The first thing you want to do is ask yourself what your site is all about.
2. If you have identified the answer to this question here comes the trick part, you need to know: So what?; How is that relevant to your target audience?
3. The solution to point two would mean you have identified what makes your social network tick. At this stage, you probably would have identified Buzz words for your site.
1. I am going to carry out the former advise and execute as my marketing strategy for illustration purposes.
2. What makes my site tick is that The Advent Reformation is all about the second coming of Christ. The aim and objective behind the social experience is to increase the social awareness of the end time message.
3. Secular opinion contrary to my Christian views has a fixation on a looming gloom and a conceptualised perception of 2012.
4. Most Christians, already, feel it's becoming increasingly impossible to share the good news of christ openly without being scorened or being considered backwards.
5. My Buzz words become: "Beyond Impossible", "AdventSocial", and my network name "The Advent Reformation". You can also associate your company name if it is different from your network name - for your Buzz words.
Marketing Strategy In Action:
1. Create an "event" on FB.
2. In this instance the Event I have created I called it "End of the World Party - 21/12/2012" - Here is a screen shot:
3. Make the words amateurish and avoid looking too professional - I chose to create Buzz words connected to the end of the world, based on what is already commonly known to all users - whether religious or nonreligious.
4. The next step was to create small video snippets that would advertise my url. Here are the examples:
5. All snippets are posted in stages and on different dates/intervals/times as you deem fit.
6. Send a link of each video, as and when you post it via The Event Broadcast option. You will notice that people who are attending, people who might attend and people who have not yet replied, are automatically placed into your generic mailing list.
7. When you send out generic messages, besides the subject, don't assign anything to the body of the message other than the one link to a video you would have just posted to the facebook event. Avoid youtube videos as they will send traffic to youtube instead of facebook. You want to ensure that people join the event.
8. You have created an awareness of your url to your Ning Network. People might not comment on your videos, but if they are interesting (the videos) they will get passed around and that's what you really want.
9. One point I overlooked, you will notice that the end date of this particular event is in two years. This gives me well enough time to pick the steam, as I spread the word on a likely party (The world is not going to end). People love the social outgoing. So "party" was definitely a Buzz word for my marketing strategy.
And there we have it, you have raised awareness of your social network. If your videos are really good, you might get people signing up to your site. The price? Time and effort.