Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Older Templates/Theme

Hello, new here again. I had 15 Ning sites going at one time and the last one shut down in 2012. I am trying to get it back going again. Are the older themes/templates available? I was trying to customize one of the new ones to configure our old header, but it's not working. Can older templates be added again? Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

if you want I sell an old site 2.0 contact me privately

• NC for Hire

Older themes will not work on 3.0 Ning.   But I can help you adapt if you need help...

• Thank you both! I was hoping to see if the one I was using might still be available. I'm going to try CSS. I am WordPress developer so I think I can do some CSS to recreate what I need. I'll have to add in the media queries for mobile, but that's fine.

• Hi Anita

The biggest thing between the old Ning and the new is that the new is a responsive layout so will adjust to the device it's being viewed on where as the old Ning was a fixed width site of about 960px or somewhere there abouts so the old Ning would like fine on screens but would not adjust to fit different devices like phones etc.

All is available in the design studio so you can actually re-create a ning 2.0 layout quite easily by using the different page layout and page width and also adjusting the size for your header etc. 95% can be accomplished in the design studio and yes we can add css etc to accomplish other things but you should be able to do most of it in the design studio, If you let us know what you are having trouble with with your header I can try and help you to fix that as I presume it's something to do with the image sizing and adjusting as the site is viewed on different screens.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…