For my fellow creators who use facebook to drive traffic to their networks, there are plenty of tactics that work and many that simply do not. A good while back I showed you a hack to embed facebook videos into your site, but the three tricks I am about to show you happen ON facebook and if used correctly, could result in some great boosts in traffic to your network. Overall, you may not use these tricks everyday, but it is always good to know what is possible.
3 Handy Facebook Tricks that You Might Not Know
Trick One: Download Facebook Videos Quickly for Reuse on Youtube or Ning
The trick mentioned above-although it still works- is steadily becoming more of a time-suck than anything, but that doesn't mean you can't use Facebook videos to illuminate your network. There's an app for that. Facebookvideoz will help you download the videos you need to make the magic happen!
Trick Two: How to Invite All Friends to a Facebook Event
Setting up an event on Facebook is one thing, but using an event to drive targeted traffic is another. You may set up an event for the launch of your 3.0 network or simply an online community event or gathering. If you wanna invite all of your friends to it- thus bringing attention to your network- here is how you do it:
- Go to your Event Facebook page and click on Invite friends.
- Scroll down your friend list until the end to ensure you have loaded all the friends you want to invite.
- On Chrome, press CTRL + SHIFT + J (Windows) or CMD + Opt + J (Mac).
- Copy and paste this
By making sure that you mention and point to your network in the event description, you can draw much needed attention to your site
Trick Three: Hide Your Last Name on a Facebook Profile
You may not want to showcase your birth name or surname as leader of your community for various reasons. Facebook needs you to declare your first and last name, that’s two names, but if you want to have your account bear only one name (or just your first name), you can. Indonesians can register an account with only one name since many of them actually go with just one name. So for you to have a single name like single named Neo here, check out the instructions below.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Grab any Indonesian proxy from this list here then change your proxy on your browser.
- On Chrome for PC head to Settings > Show advanced settings > under Network, click on Change proxy settings > click on Lan Settings and tick "Use Proxy Server for your LAN".
- Fill in the address box with the proxy, and the port box accordingly. For example, if your proxy is 184.108.40.206:8080, "220.127.116.11" goes into the address box and "8080" is the port.
- Tick on Bypass Proxy Server For Local Addresses. Press OK.
- Now, go to your Facebook Account settings page, change the language to "Bahasa Indonesia" and save changes.
- Remove your Facebook last name and save changes again.
- Once you have complete everything, revert to your original language.
As always, if you need my help, just let me know. Enjoy!