Hey everyone! First time writing here, I hope it's useful.
Here's a way I keep my members interested, busy and coming back again and again to our Network. Using the Chat application!
1. I created a whole Online Programming for the Chat. Of course I have moderators; I myself only manage one of the Online Chat Programs while other members who I've chosen carefully moderate the other shows. The Program is posted on a Blog page and can be accessed from the main menu (Live Online Program). So every day we have a "Show" using the simple Chat application from Ning.
We create themes for each program and topics, a whole schedule that is announced to all members.
2. But recently we took it to the next level. We invite Special Guests to our Chats to "talk" about a specific topic or to answer questions from members who connect that day. It's been awesome! Actually it's been so great I'm adding that as a Bonus to a MARKETING plan I sell to customers who want to reach my audience.
3. When we have a very interesting topic for let's say, the Monday Chat, we add it as an event and invite the whole community.
4. On February we actually had an Online Open House. That's where it all started. We programmed 4 Chats that day, with 4 different experts (all members of the community by the way) at different hours. We posted the Open House on Fb and Twitter and a bunch of people joined our community in just a few days to participate.
5. Next step will be to sell "adds" for the show. If I'm the moderator of the Monday show, I can ask customers for a fee to mention them on my Program via Chat.
I only hope at some point the chat conversations can be recorded by administrators so we can post interviews and important info shared on this simple but wonderful application.
Notes: My Network is a community for business women. Its content is mainly in Spanish. But if anyone's curious you can check it out here: http://www.mujerempresariadehoy.com/
Thanks for reading, to our success!