How to change your header banner image automatically after every 20 seconds or suit to your time preference?
Step 1: Create your HTML page. Sample HTML page. This page will display as a custom header banner image.
Step 2: Copy and paste the following code into notepad and add your custom HTML/IFRAME page.
Step 3: Copy/paste the entire code into CUSTOM CODE (End of Page Code)
You are done.
Download HTML sample code
Live example click here
If there is any issue while implementing this tip, feel free to ask me.
If you would like to go beyond this tip or looking for any kind of help, feel free to contact me email@example.com
If you want to give your members a tool to use for showing where their posts and content are geolocated, here is a tool for you. Use this static map generator tool to create an embed code for adding maps to your posts, pages and groups or virtually any post on Ning 3.0 networks using this tool. Code is below for adding your own to a site.
This is Joseph Porcelli, one of Guides here on Creators. This week, I'm spending some of my time reminding our members which feature to use when so I thought I share some of our process with you.
Have you ever noticed (or gotten frustrated) that you members will post content in the wrong features? Blogs in forums, forums in blogs, events as blogs…ring a bell?
A while back a study was conducted on our networks. One of the major observations was that there was no continuity to where our members posted and found content. To address this we've taken the following steps:
- We distinguished and published how each feature is best used and gave concrete examples.
- We used the language editor to change the names of the feature on the front page. See what it looks like.
- We made a Prezi.com presentation that quickly explains which features to use when. Feel free to use our prezi or save it and customize it for your own networks.
- We edited our welcome message to mention which features to use when. Here is the link on how to edit your welcome message.
- In our weekly broadcast messages we remind folks what feature to use when and event break out forum posts by category to reinforce how to use the forums . Here is a copy of our most recent broadcast message NFN_Broadcast.pdf
Recently I have worried a lot about the network search system on my Ning network.
We have technical problems that may be inherent to all social networks, not just our Ning networks. The technology for searching inside networks that have new information added continuously is not very advanced, and this is general, not just at Ning.
So now I have written a blog post trying to explain -- in simple language -- how the search system works on a Ning network, for the benefit of my members.
I have also described a couple of alternatives to using the Ning search (which I like very much, when it works).
I would be happy if other Network Creators can adapt my explanation to their own situation. And I would be happy for any advice on how to improve the explanation I have given.
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.