We are a holdover, using Ning 2.0. I and my fellow admin can no longer feature and unfeature posts, nor can I access the My Network link, which no longer works. Ning Support has maintained for the past five days that the tech team is troubleshooting, but there's been no progress on our end, and only 'we're trying' from the support team. Any experience, and, ideally, solutions to share and recommend?
Don't try that method!
I did not know that cloudflare.com will use a universal ssl cert for free plan. I am now using this and it works great.
Once you have configured your domain, it will already be pointing. The other site method did not work.
If you need help with cloudflare (looks complicated but its not) you can msg me and I will try and help you through the instructions.
If you really want a better ssl certificate for https:// you can go through namecheap.com as they have them anywhere from 4-8.00 usually.
If you want to give your members a tool to use for showing where their posts and content are geolocated, here is a tool for you. Use this static map generator tool to create an embed code for adding maps to your posts, pages and groups or virtually any post on Ning 3.0 networks using this tool. Code is below for adding your own to a site.
This is Joseph Porcelli, one of Guides here on Creators. This week, I'm spending some of my time reminding our members which feature to use when so I thought I share some of our process with you.
Have you ever noticed (or gotten frustrated) that you members will post content in the wrong features? Blogs in forums, forums in blogs, events as blogs…ring a bell?
A while back a study was conducted on our networks. One of the major observations was that there was no continuity to where our members posted and found content. To address this we've taken the following steps:
- We distinguished and published how each feature is best used and gave concrete examples.
- We used the language editor to change the names of the feature on the front page. See what it looks like.
- We made a Prezi.com presentation that quickly explains which features to use when. Feel free to use our prezi or save it and customize it for your own networks.
- We edited our welcome message to mention which features to use when. Here is the link on how to edit your welcome message.
- In our weekly broadcast messages we remind folks what feature to use when and event break out forum posts by category to reinforce how to use the forums . Here is a copy of our most recent broadcast message NFN_Broadcast.pdf
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.