One of the great things about living and working in Silicon Valley is that from time to time we get to meet people who are working on a truly cutting-edge product that has the potential to transform, well, just about everything. We ran into one of these products recently. It’s called the Kno. You may not have heard of it, but you will soon. The folks who make this hard-to-get Kno tablet have been kind enough to provide us with two of them, which we want to give away to two people here on Creators! Read on for all the details, and check out the Kno. — Jason Rosenthal, CEO, Ning
Next Monday is the second annual celebration of Community Manager Appreciation Day all across the Internet.
Last year, I pasted Internet High-Fives into conversations and profiles of community manager types I know as a way to recognize all their hard work. It was great fun. This year, I’m proud to say that we can do better.
The fine folks who make the Kno tablet computer have graciously donated two of their upcoming tablet computers to our cause: recognizing people who devote their time to encouraging online conversation and activity — just like you do every day on your Ning Network. As the head of your own social network, you are essentially the community manager of your own site. This is your chance to share your expertise — and get a shot at winning a tablet computer.
You’ve undoubtedly had a ton of experience growing and shaping the conversation on your Ning Network. As your entry in this contest to win a Kno tablet, tell us...
What’s the single best piece of advice you can give to a new community manager?
How this contest works
- You can submit an entry by simply replying to this discussion with a piece of good advice for a new community manager. One sentence works. A few more if necessary.
- Witty, insightful, funny, serious, straightforward? It's up to you. Whatever you think is compelling.
- One entry = one reply: Please only one reply per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Enter early but not often. No do-overs!
- Network Creators only, please. Admins are not eligible.
- This contest begins now and will end at midnight (PST) Monday, January 24th.
- On January 25th, we’ll close this discussion, gather the responses, and force our CEO to choose only the two best pieces of advice.
- We’ll announce the winner here on Creators on or around January 28.
- We’ll also update this discussion with the results, so you’ll be automatically notified since you’re following this discussion.
- We’ll contact the winners before announcing the results, so rest assured that if you win, we’ll track you down!
Good luck! Our hope is that everyone will get a good nugget of advice out of this community-based contest.