Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Botched Migration

I recently attempted to migrate my site from Ning 2 to Ning 3 and had a horrible experience. This migration was started two months ago and is still not done. Here's what happened:

In Feb, I contacted Ning to ask about migrating. I got no reply. Suddenly, a Ning 3 site appeared 3 weeks later. Ok, I can work with that. I started to work on designing the site. I also contacted Ning again to coordinate  a data migration time. Again, no reply. After a couple of weeks and no reply, I went onto the Chat-Live-Thingy that appears on my site and talked to one of their techs, Alex, who said he was actually the person in charge of my site migration and that my prior unanswered mail was going into a spam folder and that he would mark it so that it would not happen again. We set the date for March 19 and Alex told me he would contact me and let me know when it was done. No contact ever came. Several e-mails and contacts through Chat later with other Ning people, I discovereed that Ning considered the migration to be complete, even though I identified a major problem and specifically mentioned that I had not heard back from Alex. Alex then got back to me and said that my mail had again gone into a spam folder and that he would fix it. That was in late March and nothing has changed since. The migration is not done, I am still operating my Ning 2 site, and out there sits my Ning 3 site, unfixed and untouched. I have not heard anything from anyone at Ning in 2 weeks.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Grrrrr.   I'd keep bitching until they get it right.

• If I knew how to get in touch with the CEO, I would do so. I've already tried everybody else. My  site has been on Ning for 14 years, you'd think that would count for something, but not so far.

• NC for Hire

i may be able to help you... ill send you my contact info 

• What's up?

• NC for Hire

i sent you my contact info... thought we might be able to talk through a few of your frustrations...  i've been there..

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

J.Ayvar replied to J.Ayvar's discussion
Hide Search Box Ning 3
"Thank you Sir Bizz. You always helping us to improve our proyects."
3 hours ago
Bizz replied to Scott Bishop's discussion
Read more... link
"Sometimes this does happen and I usually put it down to Ning working on stuff in the background…"
7 hours ago
Scott Bishop replied to Scott Bishop's discussion
Read more... link
"Well that's odd. It suddenly not there anymore. It's been there since I switched to N3 several…"
10 hours ago
Bizz replied to J.Ayvar's discussion
Hide Search Box Ning 3
"This will remove that search option, just add it to your design studio custom css
.ningbar…"
10 hours ago
Read more... link
"I have looked at this image but don't see the Read More.. part. Do you have a link to this page in…"
10 hours ago
J.Ayvar posted a discussion
Hello, Is there any tip to hide the search Box .thanks!!
15 hours ago
Netherlands Food Partnership updated their profile
16 hours ago
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Scott Bishop's discussion
Help Needed Quick!
"I'm glad it worked out for you; I love a happy ending! 😀
Good advice on editing anything on Ning or…"
23 hours ago
Scott Bishop posted a discussion
At the top left corner of all our photos on a .com/photo/... page, there is a link that says "Read…
yesterday
Scott Bishop replied to Scott Bishop's discussion
Help Needed Quick!
"Thank TJ! - I realized after slapping myself in the forehead that my older N2 site actually still…"
Sunday
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Scott Bishop's discussion
Help Needed Quick!
"I don't see your N3 site, but found your N2 site…"
Sunday
Help Needed Quick!
"Yes thats correct, you can make any page the homepage by checking that box with no need to add…"
Saturday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels