Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hello Ning Friends,

I recently upgrade my Ning to 3.0 and I'm disappointed to learn that the search functionality does not work. It's been about a month since my upgrade and I have contacted Support on a regular basis asking for a status report. All I am told is that engineers are working on this and I'll get an email when there is progress. I am not confident there will be progress in all honesty. Is anyone else running into this issue? It's critical for my members to be able to search our content.

I've also been frustrated by trying to enable sign in/ sign up with LinkedIn and Twitter. The instructions provided are outdated or incomplete. A help desk person passed on a suggestion today for the LinkedIn app, and it worked (yay!), but there is nothing in the documentation when enabling this feature about this missing step. I understand from support that documentation is being revised, but it's very frustrating to be told previously that the problem is on my end.  

Just wondering if I am alone with these issues...not sure if I should have upgraded! 

Lucy 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

since you migrated have you always had the search problem or did the problem come after changing settings or css?

• NC for Hire

10349050490?profile=RESIZE_930x

if it worked before, go back in the history of your site 3.0
    •  

Thank you. I'll look at the history. My search worked in Ning 2.0 and I have not changed anything personally in the settings or CSS. 

• NC for Hire

you are the wellcome, if you want I would like to check your site, I'm sure it's the only way !to check the history of the Themes,
        it would be the solution but if the site is virgin I throw in the towel

• This will have nothing to do with css so moving thorugh the history will have no effect. CSS is only for design of how the site looks. Search is coded to look through the servers for what you are searching for so this will be something Ning will have to look into.

• NC for Hire

in the stories even the CSS changes,and tested by me. it's just my hypothesis but I'm not sure now that I listen to your words,if not it resolves, maybe it's a bugs.

• Hi Lucy:  I am having the same issue and have for over a month now.  Support has informed me the same thing they have mentioned to you.  My members have left because they cannot search content.  My site was a migration over from 2.0 that I have had for over a decade.  I fear the search will not be fixed for a while but I hope I am wrong.  I haven't even begun to get into the sign in issues. I wish you the best and I'll certainly keep you informed of what I hear if you would like me to. 

Donna

• Hi Donna,  

My site is a migration from a Ning I started in 2007, too. Please keep me informed if you see any progress or receive updates. I feel like this is a critical feature for me and I hope for better customer service and transparency around this issue. I have paid for Ning for years without ever contacting Support and I really need them to come through right now. 

• Hi Lucy, you may have to be a little patient with Ning Staff at the moment as they are based in Kiev. The sites however are on Amazon Web Servers so they should be stable while the War continues.

•  

Oh wow. I had no idea. I will shut up then. :) I thought they were in India, but that might have been the previous company that owned Ning. Thank you for setting me straight! 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…