Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Preview of Final Results. Checkout Live demo here!
Last updated 4/22/12 to fix issues address herehere and here! :p

Step 1

Setup center column of feature layout. Follow setting below and save your changes.

Step 2

The HTML: Copy and paste the html code below to the 1st textbox that we add on the
center column (see screenshot above). Important:make sure that you are in html mode when
pasting the code and save your changes.

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP8cGpmnJaUeANBZEljATNhsP2-p20hs*owSe1zEW9DArfoXTfCWDlSMLy2jhBFT*QlsMHGDrN4rVjYIlt*X3VzQ/1059729990.bin" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$('.xj_leaderboard_module').addClass('indented_content');
$("ul.tabs").tabs(".indented_content");
});
</script>
<ul class="tabs">
<li><a class="current" href="#">Monthly Top 10</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Latest Activity</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Discussions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Blogs</a></li>
</ul>

Step 3 (Final)

The Custom CSS: Copy and paste the css code below to the Advance section of your design
Studio or advance appearance if you are using the old editor. Important: there may be a need to
change some of the values on each properties below since we have different settings of our network themes. Please do so when needed.

ul.tabs {
height: 42px;
}
ul.tabs li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #054C83;
border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
float: left;
list-style: none outside none !important;
margin: 0 !important;
text-align: center;
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs a, ul.tabs li a:hover {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: block;
padding: 5px 0;
}
ul.tabs a.current {
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs li:hover, ul.tabs a.current {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0088C3;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
ul.tabs a.current:after {
border-color: #0088C3 transparent;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px 10px 0;
content: "";
display: block;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-top: 5px;
position: absolute;
width: 0;
}

save now your changes and your good to go. If you still in trouble following my steps please drop your questions down below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AWESOME donating to you today thanks

• awsome. i used it for diffrent gadgets..

Code is simple and clear.. previous discussiona nd previous attempts of NC,s was so complex

• i want to add videos and Text boxex and groups. what will be the additional code. i tryed by increasing  li tags in HTML but its not working

• Woot Woot!! You just save me some $$$ Thanks!! +1

• how cn i change the tab position..i want latest activity tab first,then discussions,then blogs and topten?

• Solo for now

<a class="current" href="#">Latest Activity</a>

• thanks Ismail

• Hi,
        I did that and it doesn't work... Still goes to leaders board by default... Maybe it's necessary to change some more code...

• love you lol

• when I tried the code one of my tabs ended up on the bottom left. I am using the 3 column layout but the tabs do not seem to fit. Would I just change the width 122px to something smaler?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kos replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"We were just looking at Flipboard last week.  Awesome.  Thank you!"
7 minutes ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Hello Zachary, The code in this discussion has just been updated V4.2 and I also have the button yo…"
37 minutes ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
":-) Thank you The Builder :)"
45 minutes ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"Thank you John... was a real treat to get it working"
1 hour ago
Kerrie replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"lol..blame it on solar flares! I just received this...
Hi Kerrie,
Thanks for getting in touch with…"
1 hour ago
John Bizley replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"Thats a sweet share JF, nice work my friend. :-)"
1 hour ago
JFarrow replied to Alyce Keegan's discussion Hiding members in a group on group information
1 hour ago
MILAGROS HERNÁNDEZ CHILIBERTI replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
4 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Developer Needed in Hire a Creator
"I need your help dude :) I need a notification/alert icon/button created to place by the side of my…"
5 hours ago
M.Tariq Malik replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Holly Dilatush yes Site is working fine without sing in & for members rather than blog posts errors…"
5 hours ago
Kos replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Sounds like they've got a server issue.  The majority of other networks seem to be functioning so i…"
6 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"~ I submitted screenshots with a support ticket a couple of hours ago.
Interesting challenge.  Seve…"
7 hours ago
shironala replied to shironala's discussion skysa chat link?
"Alesandro   thank's but i am looking to find a link to skysa chat to put as a tab or on a page ,not…"
7 hours ago
M.Tariq Malik replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"1.Site Layout totally distorted & messy. Repetition is showing in modules in the rights side of the…"
8 hours ago
"Same problem on my network http://vustudents.ning.com/ ..
layout totally distorted . When we click…"
8 hours ago
Alessandro replied to shironala's discussion skysa chat link?
"In Skysa, go to your account and create a bar if not created yet. Add desired apps to it. Then ente…"
8 hours ago
"Actually they get there a little earlier than that but you know how it goes, clock in, get coffee,…"
8 hours ago
"Unfortunately their offices won't be open until 11am Pacific time.  Hang in there.  Sure hope they…"
8 hours ago
"Contact Ning about inaccessibility via this page.  Good luck!  http://ec2-75-101-132-140.compute-1.&hellip;"
8 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Me, too!"
9 hours ago
More…