Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Preview of Final Results. Checkout Live demo here!
Last updated 4/22/12 to fix issues address herehere and here! :p

Step 1

Setup center column of feature layout. Follow setting below and save your changes.

Step 2

The HTML: Copy and paste the html code below to the 1st textbox that we add on the
center column (see screenshot above). Important:make sure that you are in html mode when
pasting the code and save your changes.

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP8cGpmnJaUeANBZEljATNhsP2-p20hs*owSe1zEW9DArfoXTfCWDlSMLy2jhBFT*QlsMHGDrN4rVjYIlt*X3VzQ/1059729990.bin" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$('.xj_leaderboard_module').addClass('indented_content');
$("ul.tabs").tabs(".indented_content");
});
</script>
<ul class="tabs">
<li><a class="current" href="#">Monthly Top 10</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Latest Activity</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Discussions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Blogs</a></li>
</ul>

Step 3 (Final)

The Custom CSS: Copy and paste the css code below to the Advance section of your design
Studio or advance appearance if you are using the old editor. Important: there may be a need to
change some of the values on each properties below since we have different settings of our network themes. Please do so when needed.

ul.tabs {
height: 42px;
}
ul.tabs li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #054C83;
border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
float: left;
list-style: none outside none !important;
margin: 0 !important;
text-align: center;
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs a, ul.tabs li a:hover {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: block;
padding: 5px 0;
}
ul.tabs a.current {
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs li:hover, ul.tabs a.current {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0088C3;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
ul.tabs a.current:after {
border-color: #0088C3 transparent;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px 10px 0;
content: "";
display: block;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-top: 5px;
position: absolute;
width: 0;
}

save now your changes and your good to go. If you still in trouble following my steps please drop your questions down below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AWESOME donating to you today thanks

• awsome. i used it for diffrent gadgets..

Code is simple and clear.. previous discussiona nd previous attempts of NC,s was so complex

• i want to add videos and Text boxex and groups. what will be the additional code. i tryed by increasing  li tags in HTML but its not working

• Woot Woot!! You just save me some $$$ Thanks!! +1

• how cn i change the tab position..i want latest activity tab first,then discussions,then blogs and topten?

• Solo for now

<a class="current" href="#">Latest Activity</a>

• thanks Ismail

• Hi,
        I did that and it doesn't work... Still goes to leaders board by default... Maybe it's necessary to change some more code...

• love you lol

• when I tried the code one of my tabs ended up on the bottom left. I am using the 3 column layout but the tabs do not seem to fit. Would I just change the width 122px to something smaler?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Jords replied to SweetPotato's discussion Tip: Ning 3.0 Slider – Dynamically Loads Blog Posts
"Excellent!"
5 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Emer Dareloth's discussion Ning 2.0: Adding Two "Groups" Sections?
"Emer, Ning 3.0 can do that, Ning 2.0 cannot.  as a workaround, you could possibly have two text box…"
7 hours ago
Edie2k2 replied to Gerry Emery's discussion I'd like to see an example or two of the new NIng 3.0 websites
"Beautiful site. Bravo Steve!"
8 hours ago
Thiago Santos de Moraes replied to Emer Dareloth's discussion Ning 2.0: Adding Two "Groups" Sections?
"It is not possible."
9 hours ago
The Builder :) replied to Alan's discussion Adding Java Script
"Hi JQueryHelp and Bernard, sorry for taking to answer, I was in a difficult personal situation.

we…"
10 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Dominic Lehane's discussion APP Builder
"I've set up a couple of apps using Como.com  which allows you to do quite a bit with feeds and even…"
11 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Designing The Perfect Newcomer To Regular Journey Part 5 http://ow.ly/AxqEC

JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Community Compass: Reimagining Getting Started Guides for Online Communities-UPDATED
"Just a quick note to let those of you who are using the Community Compass that I have added a new w…"
16 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to SweetPotato's discussion Simple, Responsive Slider for Ning 3.0
"For anyone who is interested in dynamically loading blog posts into this slider (i.e. no manual upd…"
17 hours ago
Mike Collins replied to Gerry Emery's discussion I'd like to see an example or two of the new NIng 3.0 websites
"Here's ours and after migrating just a couple of weeks ago it's great to see it come to life. There…"
18 hours ago
steve replied to Gerry Emery's discussion I'd like to see an example or two of the new NIng 3.0 websites
"Can see i have a long way to go looking at some of these wonderful sites but im happy with it so fa…"
yesterday
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion How to Map Your Members on a Ning Network
"Because this actually happens outside of the actual network, i don't see how they could, Gerry....…"
yesterday
JFarrow commented on Gerry Regan's blog post Seeking provider of alternative to Apps.IO's Listings app. in Hire a Creator
"If you're still looking for help with this, I have a few ideas...ill send you my contact info.."
yesterday
JFarrow left a comment for Natasha Dyer
"Just sent you a message by email...happy to help!"
yesterday
JFarrow replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
"for sure... always inspired by these guys!"
yesterday
Tyler Durbin replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
"TJ has saved my butt a few times!  The guy is a master at what he does and his code always works fl…"
yesterday
Rowald replied to Rowald's discussion Site host name, https://network.com, does not match your SSL certificate Subject Name
"Hi Laura, well.. like Amanda said it's expected behavior on their end. Not sure if there is anythin…"
yesterday
George H. Compton IV replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
""
Sunday
Katie McKay replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
"Agree!"
Sunday
George H. Compton IV replied to soaringeagle's discussion mobile traffic reaches new high and no 3.0 completion date in sight
"Hello seoaringeagle :-)  fullwidth responsive Ning 2.0 network. That's what I'm working on right n…"
Sunday
More…