Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Preview of Final Results. Checkout Live demo here!
Last updated 4/22/12 to fix issues address herehere and here! :p

Step 1

Setup center column of feature layout. Follow setting below and save your changes.

Step 2

The HTML: Copy and paste the html code below to the 1st textbox that we add on the
center column (see screenshot above). Important:make sure that you are in html mode when
pasting the code and save your changes.

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP8cGpmnJaUeANBZEljATNhsP2-p20hs*owSe1zEW9DArfoXTfCWDlSMLy2jhBFT*QlsMHGDrN4rVjYIlt*X3VzQ/1059729990.bin" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$('.xj_leaderboard_module').addClass('indented_content');
$("ul.tabs").tabs(".indented_content");
});
</script>
<ul class="tabs">
<li><a class="current" href="#">Monthly Top 10</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Latest Activity</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Discussions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Blogs</a></li>
</ul>

Step 3 (Final)

The Custom CSS: Copy and paste the css code below to the Advance section of your design
Studio or advance appearance if you are using the old editor. Important: there may be a need to
change some of the values on each properties below since we have different settings of our network themes. Please do so when needed.

ul.tabs {
height: 42px;
}
ul.tabs li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #054C83;
border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
float: left;
list-style: none outside none !important;
margin: 0 !important;
text-align: center;
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs a, ul.tabs li a:hover {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: block;
padding: 5px 0;
}
ul.tabs a.current {
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs li:hover, ul.tabs a.current {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0088C3;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
ul.tabs a.current:after {
border-color: #0088C3 transparent;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px 10px 0;
content: "";
display: block;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-top: 5px;
position: absolute;
width: 0;
}

save now your changes and your good to go. If you still in trouble following my steps please drop your questions down below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AWESOME donating to you today thanks

• awsome. i used it for diffrent gadgets..

Code is simple and clear.. previous discussiona nd previous attempts of NC,s was so complex

• i want to add videos and Text boxex and groups. what will be the additional code. i tryed by increasing  li tags in HTML but its not working

• Woot Woot!! You just save me some $$$ Thanks!! +1

• how cn i change the tab position..i want latest activity tab first,then discussions,then blogs and topten?

• Solo for now

<a class="current" href="#">Latest Activity</a>

• thanks Ismail

• Hi,
        I did that and it doesn't work... Still goes to leaders board by default... Maybe it's necessary to change some more code...

• love you lol

• when I tried the code one of my tabs ended up on the bottom left. I am using the 3 column layout but the tabs do not seem to fit. Would I just change the width 122px to something smaler?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Steve C replied to Steve C's discussion How do I Specify Copyright Years in the Footer of Ning Pages?
"Thanks, SP. Worked like a charm!"
6 hours ago
sheryl weinberger replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion Popup signup form
"Hi Enmico,
Did you every find your answer for the pop up box.
Thanks
Sheryl"
6 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"Wow this discussion has got out of control aha,Personally, I think Ning need to answer us, I would…"
12 hours ago
Rupert Weis replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"You can hear from Ning if you write tickets. Their news is that Ning3 is great and has all it needs…"
15 hours ago
Rupert Weis replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"I believe that an update on the roadmap which was posted in may last year and since then nothing mo…"
15 hours ago
Gary Cobb replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"I don't think we are arguing Strumelia. We were just trying to get across different points. Mine be…"
17 hours ago
Jelena replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"+1000 :) a person who have commonsense."
yesterday
Strumelia replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"SP, I hope you are not calling me a blowhard.  (lolol...no prob)
Hey, I'm always sad when we ning c…"
yesterday
Gary Cobb replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"Thanks SP, I think I am too !"
yesterday
SweetPotato replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"Ask Gary. He seems grounded in reality :-)"
yesterday
SweetPotato replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"Gary, why are trying to convince me that I need to be either pro or anti Ning?

Don't read too muc…"
yesterday
Vickie replied to Vickie's discussion Mobile Site For Private Networks
"Forgot to add that Ning is nearly impossible to use for iPad and iPhones.  I get complaints all the…"
yesterday
Traddie replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"Hi SP. Re Glassdoor is that a positive in your view. I see job ads but not sure if its an indicatio…"
yesterday
"Glassdoor - very illuminating and perhaps even more convincing that the majority of commentators on…"
yesterday
"My point remains: make it private (if anything). This forum still provides an excellent insight int…"
yesterday
"My point still remains though SP - With a forum directly linked to a business, that's 90% full of n…"
yesterday
Jelena replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"+1"
Friday
Donna Mac replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Wish you luck with that....."
Friday
Tim Atkinson replied to Jim Kinson's discussion When are we going to see a new Product Road Map?
"I'm sorry I missed those!"
Friday
C.Brickhouse replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"+1"
Friday
More…