Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi there,

I Watch the video where you talk about the new upcoming the new Ning 4.0 I got a bit confusing. In this new version, it will be a network as it is now?

Member will be able to have their own page and upload their photos? Groups and other features that it has now will be on Ning 4.0?

I can't see in this link anything about members.

https://light.ning.com

My question is. Will Ning stop to be a Social Network to be just a Website?

Thank you all.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The features page menttions "Blog" https://light.ning.com/features  This looks sahweet.  Still going through it............I wonder if a migration tool is being designed as well.  So many quesitons!  lol

• ???

• Send Ning your question in the form of a ticket on your network.  They don't always monitor the posts "here".  You'll get a faster answer that way.

• I think it is just a new feature in Ning, to creat rich pages (Ning X Light Ning).

• Well I guess this is where all the time has been spent rather than working on any updates to the existing platform to create a website builder that you can get from just about anywhere. As far as I can tell it’s not a social network but just a website that people can comment on and that’s about it.

This is the things that really annoy me is resources going to that rather than adding the improved features like notifications , updated activity feed etc. What is concerning is the amount of time and effort going into the Ning lite and nothing going on with Ning 3, could this be the end of Ning 3 the social platform I wonder and will just continue on with no updates much like Ning 2 ??

• Yeah before they were going after Facebook.  Now they're just going after Instagram.............and maybe hoping for a buyout.

• NC for Hire

how come Ning 4 gets a roadmap but 3 is frozen in time?

• It is not Ning 4 but Light Ning, something like the old Mini Ning.

They are working in Ning 3:

• Hi,

Did you watch it? They talk about Ning 4 and about transfer data.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…