Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Updated 4-26-2016 v5

All the features of Ning 2.0 with  Ning 3.0 responsiveness.. ;) This code has been updated. It'll work on any layout but it works the best with the (A) layouts ( layout A1 - A4)

Tested and working in all newer browsers IE 9, 10, 11 - Firefox - Google Chrome - Safari. for cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

The fullwidth portion of this code also works in IE 7, 8. for Laptops, PCs and TVs...

It's compatible with all operating systems...

Compatible hardware - cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

Most pages will fit on the smallest of cell phones but I recommend a screen resolution of 480 pixels and wider. But like I said most of the network will fit on screen resolutions of 250 pixels and greater.

With this code your N2 will pass Google developers, mobile friendly test, without using Nings mobile app.

click here to see it live on "The Constitutional Conservatives".

If anyone would like help setting this up I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 Responsive Fullwidth Network v5 part 1

Part 1 goes in your (ad-box above the header) Make sure you press the HTML button before inserting the code.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" ></meta><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://api.ning.com:80/files/N82BGgaL3u1CfQ8y-4gGxLyueSAZLceaNBVnNbG7bkWz4Yt4GNG7XFKjYS3R27uE5UUoah0J4BqOC7kmM9ZsbmzxDotY9yVc/GEOCOMs_N2.0_RFWN_v5.css" id="N2_R_F_W_N_v5_P1" ></link><script src="//tinymce.cachefly.net/4.2/tinymce.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">
if (screen.width < 1144 ){
tinymce.init({selector:'.vcard textarea'}); }
</script>

Part 2 goes in your (custom code box)

The video enhancements come with my "profile text box video mod". To turn the mod on change the ID name in the video enhancement script from this  id  " id='gframe' " to this id   id='MOD_FN' ..

<!-- Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network  v5 part 2 -->
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/Yh-B8VrdxHhnpMo2L4zwUwLg6GQsCNNu4kNqIByhLqccRNRFQT-82gxVF4pUxz0AzsbssHV**UxYnBiYb5rGonYJ5n*FdDcv/GEOCOMs_N2.0_R_FWN.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- START Ning 2.0 Video enhancements -->
<script src="http://bit.ly/1IuxOih" type="text/javascript" id='gframe' class="gf_helper" ></script>

Part 3 goes in your (design studio CSS session)

/* Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */
@media screen and (max-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,        
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     width: 92%!important;
     min-width: 100px!important;
     max-width: 500px!important;
    left:0px!important;
    right:0px!important;
    margin-left:auto!important;
    margin-right:auto!important;     } }
@media screen and (max-device-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,       
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     font-size: 34px!important;
    line-height: 35px!important;    } }
@media screen and (max-width: 760px)  {
table.categories p, table.categories ul {
    padding-left: 0px!important;
    padding: 3px!important;
    margin-top: 0px!important;}
  TD.xg_lightborder H3{
    margin-top: 70px!important;
    margin-left: 0px!important;
    padding-left: 0px!important; }
BODY TD.xg_lightborder {
    padding-right: 0px !important;
    padding: 2px !important;
    width:45%!important;}
BODY .xg_theme TD.xg_lightborder,
BODY .xg_theme th.xg_lightborder{
  width:45%!important;
  min-width:45%!important;
  max-width:45%!important;}    
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist div.tb {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-top: 110px;}
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist li a span.image {
    margin-right: 16px !important;  } }
/* End Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */

Firefox_Restore_10th_Anniversary_Edition_GEO_v2.exe

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You're welcome Alessandro. :-)

Yes there is a difference between max-width and max-device-width.

"max-width" will work on any device no matter what the screen resolution is of the device.
       "max-device-width" will only display on devices that have that screen resolution or less. So I'm using max-device-width to target cell phones and smaller portable devices not desktop computers or laptops.

Hope this helps, you have a wonderful day. :-)

• Thanks! Yes, max-device-width will be helpful in some cases.

• Well I'm finally getting around to installing this update (yeah, I'm a slug) and of course nothing goes right for me.  I need to figure out how to get rid of that 'hidenav' altogether - I need my navigation showing.  Then it's taken the member box and moved it up to navigation.

Probably have a code conflicting or something.  Why can't things go smoothly for me?   Yes, I'm whining.  Have been very sick lately so little things feel enormous to me.

• I'm sorry you're having trouble Kos. Send me a link to one of the webpages and I'll write a code for you. :-) Just some simple CSS will change those back. :-)

• Ok Kos, i sent you the new codes in a message.. Don't forget to remove the old widen your network to 1024px code!!

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Alliance replied to Mike Collins's discussion Ning Development - Roadmap
"i agree a roadmap from April would be appreciated if you could. It gives us time to decide on work…"
8 hours ago
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Yes sir"
11 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Kos I agree. Normally I am quite a patient person as I know writing code can take time with testing…"
11 hours ago
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"I was going to respond but felt I'd leave it to you John.  This is just insane!  You don't release…"
11 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"I'm sorry, but why would a feature you have added that isn't working correctly not be a priority to…"
12 hours ago
Dan replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"All ning animation across the platform stopped working in edit box's &  if added as site name, 3.0…"
12 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"now my posts from 3weeks ago areshowing up as new posts  in Creator activity feed.  What the?"
14 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"So Events is the ONE new feature - aside from Google Capture,which you didn't create- that has been…"
14 hours ago
Beatriz Martín replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion Clean, Robust, Filterable Community Member Directory
"But. If someone looks the source code (html) and search for the specific line of the awesome-table,…"
15 hours ago
Douwe Dronkert replied to Douwe Dronkert's discussion Can I just upgrade to Facebook Graph API v2.3 or higher?
"Hi Kyryl,
Thanks for your quick reply.
That's a pity. Is this kind of functionality something that…"
17 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Kevin,
Former network creator has to fill the form http://hc.ning.com/contact/transferownership/&hellip;"
18 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Anam,
We do apologise for the inconveniences.
The report has been created and passed to our tech…"
18 hours ago
Anam replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"Yes mine has been gone for 2 days and i have just filed ticket. I don't understand why there could…"
18 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Why does the Latest Activity feedhere on Creators now only show Ning's own Facebook posts ?!?
Pleaz…"
18 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"they say everything  old gets new again- lol   Krazy!"
18 hours ago
Lucca King is now a member of Ning Creators Network
18 hours ago
Mike Collins replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"No response here either which isn't great considering they have been quite active and responding to…"
18 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Hi John,
It's not the question of the сomplexity of the task. As usual in such cases, the priority…"
20 hours ago
More…