Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

FORUM

So I started to let a few people join my site and I asked them to post content.

I watched their process and realised most people want to begin blogs, photos, videos from their member page. Yes its good to go to the community section but this is how a good majority of my people was thinking. So instead of fighting it I figured go with it. So I decided to add a Link Bar in their member profiles so they could get to the add Blogs, add Discussion, add Videos pages and then BAM!!!! I hit the wall.

Adding Photos is a totally different process from a developer point of view. Every other section you have to input info into the website, but Photo's are uploaded via a form.

Ok so, I tried to easily copy the code from the Photos page that gives you the little  "+" sign and BAM!! IT does not work.

So right now I can get the pic files to be seleected from my hardrive, but there is some element that is making the form go once a file is selected.

The Question

I know you might say NO but, can I have the code that will allow me to Upload a photo via the wording + Add Photo. Or at least by the "+" icon?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It looks like your code just sends them to another page and they have to click again, am I correct?

• It's not my code but what was shared some months ago its the closest anyone could of got to the quick add work around it have to open up another page and take you to the photo page, No one even ning could at the moment get you a workaround for this feature its why they are doing over the activity feed

• dont take offense. He just said he had an idea he was going to try and he never got back to me. And now we are sort of working on plan B and I am not sure energy was put to Plan A.

• Hi there!

No worries I haven't forgotten about that, unfortunately, I haven't had spare time to take a look into this deeper since I have to finish more prioritized tasks first.

Apologies for keeping you waiting.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Announcements

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Wullie Steele replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Changes on facebook, and new instructions how the app should be set up
"What really gets me is the out of date instructions built in to the network's members sign up/sign…"
3 hours ago
Gavin Brown replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"Despite many back and forth conversations about this and assurances from Ning staff that it is work…"
3 hours ago
Wullie Steele replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"Just wasted nearly two full days following the old out of date information provided via the sign up…"
4 hours ago
Anam replied to Steve C's discussion
Comparing Speeds of Ning 2 and Ning 3 Sites
"Hi Anastasia, I sent you a PM. I think your response perhaps indicates that some others are having…"
8 hours ago
Anastasia_Ning_Support replied to Steve C's discussion
Comparing Speeds of Ning 2 and Ning 3 Sites
"Hello Anam! 
I apologize for the inconveniences!
We are currently looking into loading speed compla…"
9 hours ago
chienella peter, Tracy McLaughlin, Sherry Blatchley and 14 more joined Ning Creators Social Network
9 hours ago
Hugh replied to Hugh's discussion
Support So Bad - Even the Support System Now Broken
"By the way - I'm glad to be able to report that at least the support system has now been mended.
An…"
12 hours ago
Hugh replied to Hugh's discussion
"Thanks Anastasia. If it would makes things zip along any quicker, I can happily live without insigh…"
12 hours ago
Helela replied to Hugh's discussion
"They are nice.. But for four years I've been off or things going wrong since I've opened my site a…"
17 hours ago
Helela and Ron are now friends
NC for Hire
17 hours ago
Steve C replied to Hugh's discussion
"Even though only email support comes with my $60 plan, I call support if I need to and I've never b…"
19 hours ago
Helela replied to Hugh's discussion
"And, while I'm at it, my facebook sharing button only shows a great big blurry star on facebook. It…"
20 hours ago
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels