Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

CHAT OPTIONS

Hello.

I need some help with chat options:

1) Is it possible to show for the embedded chat, the users that are logged in at that moment?  I see you can scroll between all user base and see a green dot of for all connected, but if you have hundreds of users, it is not practical. Better to see a list of all that are available...

2) In the embedded chat, is it possible to open by default the main chat room? Because many get lost in the default view.  Is it possible to change default view also in floating chat?

3) For the bar option, is it possible to show it a little bit fancier? Like, to have a floating button that says "CHAT" so people are aware that it exists.   Also in mobile view, the chat bar doesn't appear, only the embedded view. Is it possible to have a floating button to take them to the embedded chat room?

4) For not logged in users, when visiting embedded chat view, is there a way to show them what's going on inside the chat room, so they are more willing to sign up? Only a white page appears with a very small sign up button.

Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

Unfortunately, the options that you are asking about are not available in the current version of the chat. So I'll post some suggestions based on your questions, and the management would see if it possible and reasonable to make such changes to the functionality. Whatever their decision would be I'll let you know what they have decided.

Meanwhile some of the point you have mentioned could be accomplished with the custom code.

Best regards,

Ning team.

• Thanks Kyryl. And is it possible that you can share with me some of this "custom codes"? I am not programmer, not even familiar with CSS, so all I can do is copy/paste code. Thanks again!

• Hi there!

Here is the script (should be inserted in the Custom code section into the End of page field) which removes offline users, in the list of users of the main room.

<script>
      x$(window).load(function ()
      {
      var del = setInterval(function ()
      {
      if (x$('.cht-userList li').length)
      {
      x$('.cht-userList li img.cht-offline').parent().remove();
      }
      }, 100);
      });
      </script>

Best regards,

Nign Team.

• Hi there!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page which chat do you call embedded?

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hello!

I have inserted the code and it dissapears the list of all users in chat room. Off and Online users.

Embedded chat for my website you can find in this link:  http://kpopway.com/chat

Thank you!

Kpopway Radio
    Enjoy the best kpop music radio 24/7 and join our community. Listen to the latest kpop music hits and meet people all over the world.
    • Hi there!

Yep, I think this has been caused by the number of users you have, I'll try to figure out how this could be fixed for such cases.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi Fabrizio, add this to your custom css in global:

.cht-roomName::after {
    content: "- Online List";
    display: inline-block;
    margin-right: 3px;
    margin-left: 5px;
    }

and it will add 'Online List' or whatever wording you edit it to to the end of the chat room name so users know when they click it it will show the online list.

I used the script provided by Kyryl in my code and it worked perfectly for me.

Gem.

• Apologies it's:

.xg_chat .cht-groupChatHeading .cht-roomName::after {
      content: "- Online List";
      display: inline-block;
      margin-right: 3px;
      margin-left: 5px;
      }

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…