Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Ning 3.0 is antisocial!

My opinion:

Groups are neglected because no updates about new members are shown in the activity feed.

The same goes for member profiles. Member comments are not shown. And all activity disappears into invisibility. Only new friends are noticed.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but there are more unpleasant things.

As I run two networks, I have decided: Before I give up Ning 2.0, I would always part with Ning 3.0.

Thanks for reading and any improvements,

Eva Libre

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I'm also struggling with this problem. The activity feed is pretty bad right now. It doesn't show near the activity it should and it sometimes makes my site look really inactive when in fact it's not. Unforunately I already asked this question a few months ago with no replies.

• Thanks for your input...

• It is annoying and tedious not to see when a member joins a group. Or if there is a new group! Just saying!

• NC for Hire

One way to get your activites in groups to show up in your feed is to combine the feeds from groups either into an OPML file (OPML File Maker) and then use RSS2JSON to display feeds.  Or there is RSS-Bridge which allows you to combine multiple feeds into one feed. 12936500455?profile=RESIZE_930xTip: Create Self Updating Content Widgets for your Community

TIP N3.0: How to Fix Your RSS Feed Imports with One Line of Code

Amazing Tool to Automate Your Content Discovery, RSS and Sharing Co...

Turn your RSS Feeds Into an OPML File
  • Thanks for your help, ⚡JFarrow⌁
    I'm having some health problems at the moment, which is why I'm only replying now. And I have to admit that I'm not very tech-savvy. When I'm feeling better, I'll try your instructions.

Many thanks for all you do...

• Oh Eva thanks for this post,... Yeah Ning 03 sucks big time alright!!, you get no notifications on anything posted,or that your following,or groups that have been added, you might get a random notification every so often,.. even if youve set your profile settings to recieve everything you dont get them.., and by the sounds of whats being suggested on this thread already to fix things behind the scenes as an owner, its so damn complicated you have to be either a pro IT or a damn rocket scientist to do anything.

Why did Ning ever try to make a 03 format anyway?,.. 02 is working just fine and its easier to manouver around, those who have been on Ning for many years can honestly say that they know the 02 format really well,and it works... besides the old saying goes, "when somethings working dont go fiddling around and stuff it up so much it dosnt work at all",... and yet it sounds like this is just what Ning has done and at a higher price plan fee for it also..what a mess..

The thing is if you dont have members you dont have a social media website at all, and this 03 format is scaring members away cos they dont know how to manouver around it so well, so they move away all together.. they also cant add their 02 themes to their profile pages backgrounds either as they are totally uncompatable, so all those people making 02 format themes now have to relearn how to do 03 themes, whoah they already spend a lot of time making these 02 themes too, if I was them I'd be really peeved off with all the wasted hours making them only to not be able to use them... ok rant over.. I step off my ranting box before I get a smack in my chops from the top boss. .but this is truths Ning you stuffed up this time big time..I wont be moving even if you made it free..

• Found this post with more complaints about the Ning3.0 malfuntioning for members in the comments section, so it looks like its got a major downfull even though its been a while running now, its still got so many issues still..

https://creators.ning.com/migration/why-should-i-migrate

Why should I migrate?
      NING 3.0 boasts a plethora of advantages and quality improvements over the previous version of the platform. These include:   Advanced customizat…
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Future Skills Academy updated their profile
Oct 1
Eva Libre liked Karen Hardy's blog post Terrified about 3.0 upgrade
Sep 29
JUSTIN GREGG updated their profile
Sep 27
Vlada replied to Eva Libre's discussion
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
"Found this post with more complaints about the Ning3.0 malfuntioning for members in the comments…"
Sep 21
Vlada replied to Michael Rua Franco's discussion
Problems with Polyfill.io in my site
"I just read your post here,now I'm no IT expert but I just went to your site and my antivirus didnt…"
Sep 20
Vlada replied to Eva Libre's discussion
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
"Oh Eva thanks for this post,... Yeah Ning 03 sucks big time alright!!, you get no notifications on…"
Sep 19
Eva Libre replied to Eva Libre's discussion
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
"Thanks for your help, ⚡JFarrow⌁I'm having some health problems at the moment, which is why I'm only…"
Sep 16
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Zoe Dune's discussion
NING's Landing Page Issues, Third Party Options, Suggestions?
"I just sent you my contact info in a message.  Call me and ill talk with you about some options.."
Sep 11
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Eva Libre's discussion
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
" One way to get your activites in groups to show up in your feed is to combine the feeds from…"
Sep 11
Eva Libre replied to Mar's discussion
Comments appearing in activity feed
"Yes, this is one of several problems with the Activity Feed in Ning 3.0!"
Sep 1
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
"Thanks for your input..."
Sep 1
Ning 3.0 is antisocial!
"It is annoying and tedious not to see when a member joins a group. Or if there is a new group! Just…"
Sep 1
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels