Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

Follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ningtips

Hi NCs,

Jen had told us earlier about GOOGLE ADS in header for Ning 2.0 here but not sure whether this tip is still working or not. Still some people have voiced concerns about how to add GOOGLE ADS in header on NING 3.0 platform too?

No worries, here we go.....

Follow the steps below:

Step One: Simply copy and paste the following CUSTOM CODE into notepad. 

Step Two: Replace the highlighted GOOGLE ADS code. 

Step Three: Copy and paste the entire code into CUSTOM CODE (End of Page Code)

Step Four: Adjust below highlighted blue color CSS code suit to your preferences. You are done.

Note :Contact me for ning re-designing services and other ning personal help @ bernardmax2@gmail.com

Custom Code

<!-- Ning3.0 GOOGLE ADS NEXT TO LOGO BY bernardmax2@gmail.com-->
<div id="BL_ads_within_contents" style="display:none;">
<p style="text-align:right;">
YOUR Google Ads CODE GOES HERE ( Make sure that GOOGLE ADS size is width 728px and height 90px)
</p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') {
x$(".header-logoImage").prepend('<div id="insidecontent"></div>');
var within_contentsCode = document.getElementById('BL_ads_within_contents');
var insidecontentCode = document.getElementById('insidecontent');
insidecontentCode.innerHTML = within_contentsCode.innerHTML;
}
</script>
<style>
#insidecontent {
float: right;
margin-left: 35px!important;
width: 0px;
}
</style>
<!-- Ning3.0 GOOGLE ADS NEXT TO LOGO BY bernardmax2@gmail.com-->

Live Preview: Click here

PREVIEW:

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Wow"?  lol... what. ever.  Hey thanks for the lecture! 

If I were to first create a discussion and then insert like thirty or forty copies of the exact same discussion all over people's profile pages on their comment walls, and in other people's random discussions (like here)...  well you can bet I would hear about it.  And rightly so!   It's a total no-no, and completely takes over the activity feed so other folks' discussions don't get seen. 

Actually, ANAM, since you asked....Jamroom forums are awesome compared to this ridiculous wild west ghost town.  On jamroom forums, we are all taking care of business- learning, asking, building our sites, and actually getting official product support from the platform builders themselves.  How amazing is that??  There is no mud to sling because Jamroom supports its products so well, and terrific products they are indeed.  I am so grateful every day that they created a platform, modules, and skin specifically designed to help us abandoned and trapped ning customers.  Come on over and visit the forums there, and see for yourself!   :D    https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum

• Jamroom spam IS taking over the activity feed. The same discussion IS being posted thirty or forty times, just using different words. Almost every discussion here gets replied to by advising the complainant to come on over to awesome Jamroom. It's why I don't visit here anymore.  So...You are hearing about it.

• "Does Jamroom not have a suitably audacious and infinitely groovy social forum for creators where ye can shoot the breeze and make comments like that one all day?"

YOU are the one who asked me a Jamroom question here-  i was simply answering you!   Duuuuude.   ;D

And... if Glam was attending to its customer needs and customer service there would be no need to move on to Jamroom or SocialEngine or BuddyPress ...and I would be happy to remain on Ning.  Some people choose to fiddle while Rome burns, that's their right to choose of course.  :)

• maybe theres a reason for that like  ning going down the tubes and everyone looking to a better solution 

even before jamroom  started  providing a ning to jr  import  the entire feed was taken over by where aere we going to go

why has ning screwed us

glam killed ning

should we sue ning

finaly theres a solution

without legal fees or hassles

a simple click and import solution

is it any wonder everyones talking about it when they waited 2 years in limbo for somethingl.anything to come along

• It's a no-brainer.

And absolutely right SE,- long before Ken pointed out what Jamroom was doing, Creators was already full of frustrated and worried people posting-  clueless and asking about why they had no features, why wasn't ning talking or updating, what to do, and where to go, and how could they save their content and move elsewhere.  Thank goodness there are awesome options out there now!   :)

#1 Soaring.

• I agree, Anan, no one else can handle this Jamroom spam here.

• "no one else"?- how about all the ningers who are already creating their test sites in JR?  Hey THIAGO- discussing alternatives (including Jamroom, BuddyPress, FoxPHP, and SocialEnginephp, etc) when worried unhappy people here are looking for ideas as to what they can do is a positive step.  Not negative, and not spam.  Pro-active and positive and optimistic.  That's how I'm feeling these days.   :)

Glam, with no warning or explanation, simply dropped us all down the well. Makes it necessary to talk about how to crawl our way out and rebuild.  If anything I or others say helps even one person to get to a better place, then it's worth talking about! 

I'll always be grateful to Ken for having posted about Jamroom here a few months ago.  At that point in time, I had already tried SocialGo, and was just about to drop hundreds of dollars into SocialEngine next.  Now I'm happily building my new site, and if I can help others get to a happier place too, then by golly i will!   :)    Soaring is generously offering people his free help too.  (hmm, what are YOU doing that's so great?)    Peace, dude!

• We are all painfully aware of the issues with Ning. If you are so happy in your new home then by all means stay there... or are you charging commission for your 'help'?

• nobody is charging anyone anything  the only ppl left on ning are those "ning for hire" folks but even most of them left too

so your aware of the problem your aware that ppl are offering free help for a solution

so whats the problem

• Well SIMON I'm not finished building my new site yet- I tend to take a long time (too long really, but i'm a non-coder learning as I go) since i have a 'regular' job too.

Charging?  Of course not- I wouldn't charge people!

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Time Saver: Your RSS Feeds for Location Tags on Ning
"Use the feeds inside this awesome RSS Feed tool"
19 hours ago
Amazing Tool to Automate Your Content Discovery, RSS and Sharing Community Content
"It would be Nice if Ning updated this page"
19 hours ago
Ron updated their profile
Wednesday
Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups
"still love this hack"
Wednesday
Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels