Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• Any suggestions about this? Our website has been blocked for 8 hours now (not just using Firefox).

• Hello, Annabel!

The security warning appeared after you set up your custom domain that doesn't have the SSL certificate by default.

Our system installs the SSL certificate automatically but it takes some time.

As I can see it's been installed and your network is secure now.

If you still have any question, please contact our support team.

Best regards,

Alex

Ning Team

• No, that wasn't the reason for the site being blocked. I got the SSL certificate installed by you last year - it has been working fine since then, until now.

If this happens again, what do I do?  There was no response from Ning for two days after I reported it!

• Hello, Annabel!

We do apologize for all the inconveniences.

It seems the issue was connected to the renewal procedure of the SSL certificate. There was some temporary glitch in the system that is why it was a delay in the certificate renewal. Now everything is working properly.

Best regards,

The Ning Team

• Well yes, I assumed it had something to do with certificate renewal. Can't Ning get it renewed automatically?!  That's what I do with my own website, and there's never any problem.

I used to get emails periodically saying that the Ning certificate was about to expire, and I would contact Ning to ask about it, and was assured that the renewal would happen anyway. Curiously, this time when it really did expire, I did not get this email. Please, can it not happen again?!?  Having the website down for a couple of days is really not on!

• Hello,

We checked the site again and it is shown as the secure one in FireFox also.

Please, check this screenshot https://take.ms/TAbVk

We already set up the automatical renewal of the SSL certificates for Ning 3.0 sites.

Unfortunately, there was some glitch that we fixed already. We do apologize for all the inconveniences you faced with.

Best regards,

The Ning Team

Screenshot "Alexandra Park Neighbours - Mozilla Firefox 2019-03-25 09.29.55.png"
            • Yes, the site has been an https site for the past year. I do hope the glitch has been permanently sorted.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…