Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Why 3.0?

Hello, Fellow Creators and Ning Techs,

So all these years, I have heard how GREAT 3.0 is and I should absolutely upgrade from my 2.0 to a 3.0!

Well, I did that! The Merge which I was told would be very simple and quick!  WAS neither simple or quick! I am here to tell you it was a 2-3 month ordeal, mostly caused by lack of communication and I feel not enough Ning employees to keep up with the work- Now I do not know that for a fact, but give me some other viable reason...

My main reason for upgrading was to incorporate a Landing Page! That's it- that's all I wanted...I liked all the features on my 2.0 and now I almost regret the move.

Now, I have NO way to SHARE the newest content whether it be an exclusive editorial or an up to the minute discussion- why in the world would Ning NOT include that much-needed share feature!! Now, anytime I wish to share new content with members, I have to copy and paste it into a Broadcast message! Stupid!!! It is extremely important for my business!!!

And of course the missing controls for FONT sizes...

I see many discussions regarding these issues over the yrs... So here is my Question

Is NING or a Fellow Creator working on adding this SHARE feature???  I will chip in to help pay for this code to be developed!!  and I am sure others would contribute

Couldn't you configure the emailing option- to email to ALL MEMBERS instead of my email addresses- or do I need to somehow download my members (nearly 1700) to an email address and use it that way???? I know my own email will not allow that many... Please, please give me hope that this will be developed-soon!!

Don't mean to be debbie downer here but hey!!

Thanks a Bunch, Suzie

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry, KOS I forgot to mention you! You are like my right arm, Tech and listens to my rants!

• NC for Hire

2.0 is an old machine ... I would like a 2.0 just to keep it as a souvenir .. I speak to you as a creator and designer for over 15 years and judged the best! 3.0 gives a lot of possibilities that 2.0 doesn't have! we just all need to work on it! 2.0 is over game over .. no updates or other ... so I give you some advice ... carrying on a social network is not a game, update yourself.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Time Saver: Your RSS Feeds for Location Tags on Ning
"Use the feeds inside this awesome RSS Feed tool"
10 hours ago
Amazing Tool to Automate Your Content Discovery, RSS and Sharing Community Content
"It would be Nice if Ning updated this page"
10 hours ago
Ron updated their profile
yesterday
Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups
"still love this hack"
Wednesday
Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels