Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

A while back I believe Bizz helped me out with some custom CSS code.

Here it is:

/*Fixes Groups size and fonts*/
.groupHub-group.matrix-itemFluid {max-width: 150px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupTitle > span {font-size:14px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupInfo > a{font-size:10px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupInfo{min-height: 2em;line-height: 2em;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupTitleContainer {height: auto;min-height: 2em;}
.groupHub .matrix-media-1-1{background-size: contain;background-position: center top;}
.groupHub-group.matrix-itemFluid {max-width: 150px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupTitle > span {font-size:14px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupInfo > a{font-size:10px;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupInfo{min-height: 2em;line-height: 2em;}
.section-member-groups .groupHub-groupTitleContainer {height: auto;min-height: 2em;}
.groupHub .matrix-media-1-1{background-size: contain;background-position: center top;}
.groupHub a.matrix-media-1-1{ background-color:transparent!important; box-shadow:none }
.groupHub-groupTitle { background-color:transparent }
.groupHub-groupInfo{ text-align:center }
.groupHub-groupTitle > span { color: inherit; }
.groupHub .matrix-media-1-1 {padding-bottom: 135%; box-shadow:none }
/** GROUPS LIST ON HOME PAGE CUSTOM LIST **/
.groupList ul {
list-style-type: none!important;
padding-left:0px;
}

Something has changed (in Ning, CSS, Windows?) and now the title block, which is supposed to be transparent, is now a grey box, and it woud be nice if the posistion of the text in the text box was below the picture (if that's even possible).
10906774058?profile=RESIZE_710x
Any help will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oops, I didn't post the whole script. here is the rest:

.groupList-group.matrix-itemFluid {max-width: 150px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupTitle > span {font-size:14px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupInfo > a{font-size:10px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupInfo{min-height: 2em;line-height: 2em;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupTitleContainer {height: auto;min-height: 2em;}
    .groupList .matrix-media-1-1{background-size: contain;background-position: center top;}
    .groupList-group.matrix-itemFluid {max-width: 150px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupTitle > span {font-size:14px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupInfo > a{font-size:10px;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupInfo{min-height: 2em;line-height: 2em;}
    .section-member-groups .groupList-groupTitleContainer {height: auto;min-height: 2em;}
    .groupList .matrix-media-1-1{background-size: contain;background-position: center top;}
    .groupList a.matrix-media-1-1{ background-color:transparent!important; box-shadow:none }
    .groupList-groupTitle { background-color:transparent }
    .groupList-groupInfo{ text-align:center }
    .groupList-groupTitle > span { color: inherit; }
    .groupList .matrix-media-1-1 {padding-bottom: 120%; box-shadow:none }
    .groupList .groupHub-groupInfo{ color:dodgerblue; font-size:16px }

• Hi Steve, from what I can tell nothing has been changed by Ning, it could be something changed on your site for that custom list we did on the homepage which I think is the part you are talking about. If not let know which one it is, you can pop me the site address over again and I will have a look to see what may have changed.

Bizz :-)

• https://reccenet.ning.com

• PS: I'd tell you when the change appeared to have occured, but I didn't have internet access for almost 2 months because some guy named "Ian" came and knocked down the Fiber drop to my house and my ISP vendor took that long to getting around to replacing it (and then it took another week of arguing with their incompetent tech support, and buying a router from them that I didn't need, before they finally admitted something was wrong at their end and they fixed the misconfigured port I was connected to at their central office).

• Bizz,

If you're still looking at this issue...I apparently fixed it by editing one line ".groupList .groupHub-groupInfo{ color:dodgerblue; font-size:16px }" (I changed the color from dodgerblue to green, and then back again). I'm thinking that when I clicked the "publish" button it fixed it. I'm not sure how the site could work if something had been changed and not published.

• Hi Steve, hmm ok a little odd but not sure why that would have made the change. Let me know if it still is not working as you would like and I will get a look at it over the weekend, been a little busy this week so not had time to have a look properly as yet.

• It has continued to work fine since I tried what I mentioned above.

As I mentioned I didn't even have internet access for two months so I know I hadn't done anything to website that would have required re-publishing it to make custom css code work. The only thing I have done recently was change a html block on the home page for Pearl Harbor Day (but the issue had appeared well before that and making changes there obviously has nothing to do with this issue). As far as I know the page creator hadn't done anything recently.

• NC for Hire

Steve Ewing   

here is the solution for you    div.groupHub-groupTitle{background-color:transparent!important;}

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…