Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

What is your Favorite "Zap"?

I am referring to the new ability to automate tasks on Ning using Zapier.   

Just wondering how other are using Zapier...   My favorite so far is a gigantic boost to my productivity.   It is the Receive SMS messages about new NING members awaiting approval

3739817168?profile=RESIZE_710x

It is the simplest to set up and saves the most time.   If you find yourself often having to look to see if new members are waiting to be approved, just set this one up and recieve a text when you have new members..  i recommend EVERY creator set this up immediately.

How are you using Zapier?.... share with us!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Question for support:

How are we supposed to know the difference between "Bundles" when connecting to Zapier?

3742773492?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Hi there!

I am afraid, at this point only by trial and error :(

But we are going to contact Zapier so it can be fixed, hopefully, soon.

Best regards,

The NING Team

• hey JF, does Zapier integration allow each member of your network to automatically post on their facebook page too?

thx

• NC for Hire

no..... but i imagine if they set up their own zapier account and connect the feed of their blog posts to it, they should be able to make a RSS to Facebook post no problem

•  

It's becomea big blessing for me and I use the ZAP capablity in 3 ways:

1) I am using Zapier to automate Blog creation into my Blog Draft for various communities.  I use the feedly to Zapier automation capability also Zapier has a generalized RSS Feed automation capability. This gives me some targeted and great blogs from feeds I can tap into.. I turn on and off the Zap when I want to add more content, as it accumulates very quickly from the ZAP if you are not careful.. I nice fature would be a great way to easily maipulate the Blog Drafts to do bulk deletes, moves, change post dates and add Tags all of which today  you have to go into individualy to edit. Most CRMs allow you too do this and is a simple list interface.  

2) Second use of Zaps is to add a contact to my Hubspot CRM when they signon on Ning. In this way I can easily follow up with people on non community related information.

3) Third use of Zaps was to create a (draft) Blog on my wordpress website site when there is a new blog on my NIng Community site. Here I can add more commntary and talk to  different audience. This (wordpres) does have a nice facility to delete multiple blogs, add tags and change authors etc.  in bulk.

Automation is key in scaling users etc.

Peter

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…