You can help monetize your site by adding a Sponsor Rotator that will display logos/ links or text. Selling logo space or asking for donations to be added to the rotator can bring in some cash and be less annoying than having a lot of ads.
Copy the code from the following links. There are 2 versions. Only use one of them.
Here's the basics:
- This tip only uses CSS.
- 2.0 or 3.0 / responsive.
- Replace individual image links with your member logo link you upload in file manager.
- The default image link URL needs to be changed to your advertising page with Paypal buttons.
- Member logos added / changed should be linked to their profile or website.
- Could be used to display / link various parts of your network.
- Logos pause and scale up on hover / alternate directions.
- You can adjust the speed to your liking.
- Images should be uploaded that have a height of 90px / 60px for smaller version.
- Add a logo or 2 for free so members will want to sponsor (like adding a couple of dollars to the tip jar so others feel like they should do the same).
- Add the code from the attached FT Sponsor Rotator CSS.txt to your Advanced CSS.
- Add the code from the attached FT Sponsor Rotator HTML.txt to an HTML box on your site (you can do this in multiple places if you want).
I haven't shared anything in a while due to the negativity around here, but Jens discussion to start things over has me more willing to be part of the solution. She has helped me countless times over the years at Jensocial and here, so in appreciation, I'll throw a little out there for everyone.
This is simple, but someday I may share more tricks that you can do along these lines. I'll give you a hint: You can Iframe or embed pretty much anything you want and animate it.....:)