If a Member of your Ning Network chooses to leave your Network via:
My Settings/Profile/Leave "Your Ning Network", you can customize the message you would like for them to see on their departure. This is a great way to wish them well, and say thank you for being a part of your Ning Network. It leaves a positive message with them, as they depart. And they may decide not to leave.
Important Note: I have experimented with this several times. Based on my experience, you cannot add any HTML tags. I'm not sure why. You can't even add a line feed, just a simple text message. That's it.
How To Customize / Add Text to "Are you sure you want to leave...?" Page and Example:
- Go to My Network/Settings/Language Editor, and click on EDIT next to your language.
- Be sure to give the page time to completely load, to ensure you select the correct language.
- Under the title "Original Text", to left of Search button, search on this exact string: "Are you sure you want to leave %s? This process may take a few minutes." without the quotes.
- You will see a box in the right column that contains the search string you entered. This is where you want to add your custom content.
- Add your custom text. Be sure to keep the "Are you sure you want to leave %s? This process may take a few minutes.", or enter an appropriate replacement. The safest bet: add your custom text below the special line.
- Click on Save.
Test this on a test site. Be sure to access your "Leave Network" page on the test site, to see your results - - via My Settings/Profile/Leave "Your Ning Network". PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR OWN NETWORK WITH A REAL MEMBER ACCOUNT. In fact, you don't have to actually "leave" to see your custom message.